A true test of fortitude. Four - 12 oz beers, each followed by its own 400 meter dash.
If you survive we promise a post race party for the ages.
REGISTRATION OPENS Monday, May 6th, 2019 at 10:00am
- Participants will choose their wave, with suggestions offered based on average mile time.
- Watch for news & info to be posted on the SingleSpeed Brewing event platforms and social media accounts.
- Emails with final details will go out the week before the race.
- Packet pick up – 2:00pm - 3:30pm on Saturday, June 8th, at SingleSpeed Brewing Co. - Waterloo Taproom.
- We encourage everyone to be ready by 4:00pm to cheer others on, get a "look" at what you are in for, and to simply enjoy the experience.
- The quarter mile loop has been wheel measured and goes around SingleSpeed, marked by flags and cones.
- Vomiting - If you empty the contents of your stomach at any time during the race you will receive penalty time, equal to your 4th lap time, added to your final time. We ask that you aim for the numerous garbage cans what will be spread out all over the course.
- Finish time – everyone must finish in 19 minutes 45 seconds in order to have an official time.
- 2019 TEAM CATEGORY: 4 Person Relay Teams. Costumes Required!
- Ten team spots available - when they're gone, they're gone.
- Sign up as a team, each of you runs a lap and drinks a beer.
- Teams will be responsible for passing (not throwing, tossing, or dropping) a designated baton. Beer drinking is not to start until the racer has the baton in their hand.
- If baton is dropped/tossed/touches the ground, a penalty time of 30 seconds will be added to that team's final time.
- If any team member vomits during any part of the race, on or off the course, a penalty time equal to the slowest lap time will be added to that team's final time.
- Relay members will receive tickets for one beer of their choice, for redemption that weekend.
- All penalty distribution and final decisions will be made by the official race directors, with help from official race volunteers.
- Chip timing, the sticker on the back of your bib is the "chip" so do not bend it or the antennae will break.
- Each wave has a different color bib, you must run in the wave designated for you by color.
- No changing waves on race day.
- Lap split times
- Official results - to be posted online. Link posted HERE soon!
- We will be taking video of the finish line area for everyone to see their finish. Video gets posted within 24 hours, to access you click on your name in the results.
Competition beer will be a Munich-style Helles. In 12oz cans. Nice & Light. 22 IBU and 5% ABV.
- Overall male/female will receive a stainless steel growler of Beer Mile beer.
- Age group categories will be 21-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-45, 46-50 and 50 & over. Age group awards have yet to be decided, but this year will also include FREE ADMISSION to My Waterloo Days 2019.
- Relay Team award - Top prize: private use by reservation of the SingleSpeed party room and free beer for that party!
- Costume Awards given for Best Dressed Team/Ensemble, Best Dressed Male, and Best Dressed Female.
- Awards ceremony about 6: 30pm (pay attention to race day updates) - must be present or pick up at SingleSpeed by end of day, June 17th, 2019.
- Pre-race - SingleSpeed Brewing will be offering a special deal on a pasta dish to be served on Friday night before the event for those who wish to purchase one. The deal is in the works so look to hear about it soon!
- Post-race will be a special beer+cheddar brat made by Kramer's Meat Locker & Vegetarian option, served with kettle chips. Racers will have a ticket to redeem for one dinner included in race packet.
- Parking - where you can find it around SingleSpeed Brewing & downtown. Or try a taxi or Lyft.
- Beer cannot be consumed outside the patio bar or marked areas in the parking lot. Please pay attention to and follow posted signage so we can continue to have a great event every year.
- Invite everyone you know to come and experience this crazy and unique event. They are encouraged to make signs, dress in costume, get loud, bring noise makers, and cheer like mad!
- Following Races & Awards, let DJ Jumpsuit spin your cares away with his funky jams and vinyl party selections.