Pint Night Rides
Back in 2017 we joined forces with Bike Tech (Cedar Falls) and Waterloo Bicycle Works to create the Pint Night Ride Series.
This ride takes place on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month, May through October. With the ride series covering two towns, we view this as a great opportunity to use our resources, and passion for cycling, to continue to build community spirit.
Once again, we are inviting area organizations to join in on the fun! Our goal is to have each night dedicated to a local non-profit whose mission aligns with our own beliefs. A percentage of our gross sales for the evening will be donated to the cause.
Here are some key Pint Night Ride details:
- It's a leisurely ride, utilizing some of the Cedar Valley's best (and flattest) trails. (Very beginner-friendly!)
- All riders must sign a waiver before allowed to ride with the group and obtain a token for free beer or soda.
- All riders must have a helmet and a headlamp. Helmets & headlamps must be on at all times.
- 7:15pm at the Waterloo Taproom, we invite the featured organization to say a few words and lead the group in a toast.
- Let’s not forget about that token for a FREE BEER or SOFT DRINK to each registered rider each week!
Your job in all this?:
- We ask that the ride be promoted multiple times on social media sites, as well as in newsletters/e-blasts and websites.
- Donations are based of that evening’s Food & Beverage Sales from 4pm-Close, regardless if a person participated on the ride or not. So all anyone needs to do is come eat & drink and they’re helping out the cause.
- We’d like see one of your representatives say a few words following the ride, on stage, thanking riders and those participating.
- Partners are asked to provide at least four (4) representatives to be at the bicycle shops (2 at each) and welcome riders as they arrive.
- Groups have brought informational literature/small activities to the bike shops, as well as to the Waterloo Taproom following the ride. We love creative enthusiasm!
**We currently have a waiting list started for organizations interested in partnering with us on the Pint Night Rides in 2020. Please fill out the form to receive more information and to be added to that list! **